Henry Clay Warner Sr. was a lubrication engineer (“A Day In the Life of a Gulf Lubrication Engineer”) for Gulf Oil in Pennsylvania when he became aware of the need for oil purification equipment for reclaiming used oil. Henry also wanted to return to his native state of Florida, so he struck up an agreement to sell Honan Crane oil purifiers in the Southeast. In 1946, returning to Florida with a young family, Henry set up his office in his house in the San Marco section of Jacksonville. Commercial Filters bought Honan Crane in 1950, and H.C. Warner, Inc. took on a more complete line of filtration which included wound filter cartridges and housings.
Following graduation from The Citadel in 1966, Henry’s son Bill became active in the business. He moved the business out of his parent’s home and into a public warehouse. In 1977, he built the 12,000 square foot facility we still occupy today. Our first computer system, the Wang 2200 LVP was implemented in 1982, bringing the business into the computer age and away from card files. The lines that H.C. Warner, Inc. represented also became more technologically advanced, selling into pharmaceutical and high tech electronics accounts. In 1986, our Charlotte, North Carolina warehouse was opened and in 1997 we moved into a new facility in Atlanta, Georgia. Bill’s children Clay, Dana, and Demery run H.C. Warner, Inc. as he now devotes his time and energy to the Amelia Island Concours D’Elegance, a world class antique car show and event.
In our 70th year, H.C. Warner, Inc. employs 12 people, with 6 being outside or inside sales people. Five family members are involved in the operation of the company, making H.C. Warner, Inc. a rare 3rd generation company.
H.C. Warner, Inc. is one of the largest representatives for domnick hunter Parker Advanced Filtration in the United States and was honored for 60 years of service at their last national distributor meeting.
Filter Lines We Represent